Global event offers many opportunities for learning, from training to workshops to five separate conference tracks, all led by industry experts speaking on diverse issues impacting DevOps teams
SAN JOSE, CA. – July 26, 2016 – The Jenkins community, the community of practitioners using open source Jenkins, and lead organizing sponsor CloudBees, Inc., the enterprise Jenkins company and continuous delivery (CD) leader, today announced the final agenda for Jenkins World 2016, to be held during the week of September 12 in Santa Clara. Jenkins World offers attendees a myriad of learning opportunities throughout the conference week.
Pre-conference learning starts on Monday, September 12, with formal Jenkins training, and continues on Tuesday with a day of workshops. Conference track sessions kick off on Wednesday, September 14, with keynote addresses by Kohsuke Kawaguchi, founder of the Jenkins community, and Sacha Labourey, CEO, CloudBees. Thursday’s keynote address will be from Gary Gruver, DevOps expert and author. Throughout Wednesday and Thursday, attendees can choose to attend sessions spread between five separate tracks.
Sessions cover diverse topics like infrastructure as code, security, containers, pipeline automation, best practices, scaling Jenkins and community development projects. Session presenters are Jenkins experts from organizations around the world, including CloudBees, BlazeMeter, Electronic Arts, Goodgame Studios, Google, Microsemi, NPR, PAYBACK GmbH, Red Hat, Riot Games, Shutterfly, Splunk and Verizon Digital Media.
“We are thrilled with the caliber of Jenkins contributors who are speaking at this year’s conference,” said Kohsuke Kawaguchi, CTO of CloudBees and Jenkins founder. “Holding an event where people in the global community can meet, interact and learn from one another paves the way for future community innovations. Jenkins users coming together across all industries and adoption levels creates unique opportunities to spark new ideas.”
On Monday and Tuesday, attendees can add formal training to their conference registration:
- Jenkins Certification Training, conducted by |opensourcearchitect| and Nebulaworks. The two-day course will cover all topics included in the Certified Jenkins Engineer and Certified CloudBees Jenkins Platform Engineer certification exams. Additionally, with registration for Jenkins World, attendees can take one certification exam for free.
- Fundamentals of Jenkins Pipeline and Docker Training is an introduction to Jenkins Pipeline deployed in combination with Docker.
On Tuesday, the following workshop sessions will be held, featuring CloudBees experts:
- The DevOps Toolkit 2.0 - Viktor Farcic, senior consultant
- Let’s Build a Jenkins Pipeline! - Andy Pemberton, senior director, solution architecture and consulting
- Preparing for Jenkins Certification - Damien Duportal, training engineer
- Introduction to Plugin Development - Steven Christou, technical support engineer
- CD and DevOps Maturity Workshop for Managers - Brian Dawson, DevOps evangelist
Representative sessions taking place across the five tracks Wednesday and Thursday include:
- Continuous Delivery of Infrastructure with Jenkins - R. Tyler Croy, CloudBees and member of the Jenkins Governance Board
Learn how to build a continuous delivery pipeline with Jenkins to test, stage and deploy infrastructure code to production.
- The Three Pillars Behind Continuous Security - Meera Subbarao, Principal Consultant
Understand how to overcome common challenges faced when attempting to leverage the continuous integration of security tools.
- Thinking Inside the Container: A Continuous Delivery Story - Maxfield Stewart, Riot Games
Best practices for building an integrated Docker and Jenkins solution that creates over 10,000 containers per week.
- Jenkins Inside Google - David Hoover, Google
Lessons learned in deploying a large-scale Jenkins installation at Google.
- Blue Ocean: A New User Experience for Jenkins - James Dumay, CloudBees
Learn about a project that dramatically rethinks the user experience of Jenkins, while staying true to Jenkins’ core roots of extensibility.
Thanks to the leading technology vendors who are supporting the Jenkins community by sponsoring Jenkins World! They are: CloudBees, the premier sponsor and lead organizer, joined by BlazeMeter, Red Hat, Codenvy, cPrime, JFrog, Sauce Labs, SOASTA, Sonatype, Black Duck Software, Cisco, GerritForge, IncrediBuild, MacStadium, Perforce, XebiaLabs, Infostretch, Mobile Labs, OpenMake Software, pCloudy, Perfecto Mobile, Rainforest QA, Site24x7, Undo Software and ZeroStack. Media sponsors include: DevOps.com, DZone and PAN Communications. Training Partners include: |opensourcearchitect| and Nebulaworks.
Additional Resources for Jenkins World 2016
- Visit the Conference Website:
- Learn More about Training and Certification at Jenkins World:
- Register for Jenkins World:
About Jenkins and Jenkins Community
Jenkins is the leading open source automation server supported by a large and growing community of developers, testers, designers and other people interested in continuous integration, continuous delivery and other modern software delivery practices. Built on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it provides more than 1,200 plugins that extend Jenkins to automate with practically any technology software delivery teams use.
The Jenkins community advocates the use of Jenkins to the global development community, serving as a central source for tutorials, forums and other helpful resources for Jenkins users of all experience levels. By recognizing the numerous contributors to the Jenkins project, the project creates and fosters a community-powered infrastructure for maintaining and further developing Jenkins. You can follow the Jenkins community on Twitter (@JenkinsCI).
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com), the Enterprise Jenkins Company, is the continuous delivery (CD) leader. CloudBees provides solutions that enable DevOps teams to respond rapidly to the software delivery needs of the business. Building on the strength of Jenkins, the world’s most popular open source continuous delivery hub and ecosystem, the CloudBees Jenkins Platform provides a wide range of CD solutions that meet the unique security, scalability and manageability needs of enterprises. The CloudBees Jenkins Platform supports many of the world’s largest and most business-critical deployments.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Verizon Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Gaby Berkman/Sarah Grucza