This case study of a medium enterprise computer software company is based on a April 2014 survey of CloudBees Flow customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service. The profiled company asked to have their name blinded to protect their confidentiality.
Purchased CloudBees Flow to solve the following challenges: Continuous builds on many platforms
Creates the following kinds of software:
- Software designed to run on a desktop computer or server (Web/IT)
- Software designed to run on a device (Embedded)
Purchased CloudBees Flow because of the following factors:
- The use of properties to drive dynamic processes
- The job-step parallelization and acceleration
- The ability to use existing tools and processes
- The system scalability
Realized the following benefits with CloudBees Flow:
- Improved IT infrastructure utilization
- Realized faster troubleshooting of failures in the software delivery process
Uses CloudBees Flow to benefit the following groups:
- Software engineering teams
- Build engineering teams
- QA engineering teams
- Release engineering teams
Rated the increase of speed with CloudBees Flow on the following tasks related to software delivery:
- Software builds: faster
- QA testing: faster
Their overall software development process is Up to 2x faster with CloudBees Flow.
Improved their IT infrastructure utilization by more than 75 with CloudBees Flow.