Big news! The Jenkins project has officially exceeded 100K active users mark sometime in January. As of January 31, we were at 102,992. Congratulations! YOU are one of the 100K active Jenkins users!
In a couple recent project meetings, we have all decided that February 26 will be Jenkins Celebration Day.
Let’s make some noise! Here is what we are doing starting NOW:
- Write a blog post about anything Jenkins-related. Publish your blog post and Tweet out a link to it. Please include the official Jenkins Celebration Day hashtag #Jenkins100K in your post.
- On February 26, there will be a raffle with four names picked at random. The grand prize winner will receive a 3D Jenkins Butler model. Five others will get their pick of Jenkins swag (up to $20) from the Jenkins online store.
OTHER WAYS TO CELEBRATE
- Recording – The Jenkins Governance Board Dean, Tyler, Andrew and I will be recording some thoughts about the Jenkins project. On February 26, we will share that recording with you here.
- Twitter/Facebook… – For those of us on social media that want to proudly celebrate our community, there will be a special badge that you can use as your profile image on Twitter or any of the other social media forums. Feel free to use the badge for as long as you want – but let’s get as many of us using it as possible between now and February 27.
- Social Media Images (available here soon)
- CloudBees is donating a series of images that we can all push out on whatever social media platforms that you use.
- Push out your favorite(s) on Twitter, Facebook, G+…
- Certificate (available here soon) – You will be able to download your very own “I am part of the Jenkins 100K” certificate. Print it out and proudly display it on the wall of your cube or office.
- Visibility – The Jenkins Community will be issuing a press release on February 26 announcing our milestone news.
- Sign the “card” – Consider this blog a Congratulations card to the entire community. Share your thoughts there in a comment on anything Jenkins-related that you want!
This milestone is BIG for the Community. You should be proud to be a part of! Let’s make some noise for Jenkins!
Jenkins CI Founder